Wednesday 5 February 2014

Time to wake up!



I almost feel like an animal emerging from hibernation as I contemplate my first fair of the year on Saturday. Moreover it's miles away in West Sussex so it really will be an early start in the deepest dark.
I do however realise how lucky I've been to enjoy a full two months break, albeit involving some sewing, but time to earn some money me thinks. I've been doing a little stocktaking and pricing so feel ready to fill the car, indeed think I'll have to restrain myself and remember it's only a 6 foot table that needs filling
I've just planted these  lovely auricula in toning cafe au lait bowls and think they will bring a taste of spring to my stand.

A larger group fill this bigger bowl which has a beautiful floral design
I found this brilliant French desk lamp which I think dates from the 60s,; it's been carefully rewired but the original matte finish and lovely old switch are untouched
I'm rather addicted to the Indian nandis, a wooden bull intended to represent the bull which carried the god Shiva. This is a lovely example painted and decorated in turquoise with lovely details
I always try to have some French plates or bowls for sale, I love using them alongside new white or cream plates as they bring real character to the table. I think this design is loosely Art Deco and matches beautifully with a very pretty French jug I also have to sell
Blue seems to be something of a theme as I've got a lovely selection of blue stripe Hungarian linen sacks. They are all lovely but I particularly like the denim blue stripe which tones so well with French ticking
Hope to see some of you at the Country Brocante in Wisborough Green village hall this Saturday 8th Feb where I'll be displaying as much as possible of the gorgeous things I've found over the last two months

No comments:

Post a Comment